Amazon Adrenal Support is a formula containing Rainforest herbs with a long history of use among herbal system to nutritionally support adrenal gland's natural functions.
This formula is the same as Raintree Nutrition Inc.'s one.
The adrenal glands are two glands that sit on top the kidneys.
The main purpose of adrenals is to enable the body to deal with stress from every possible source (disease, injury, emotional, etc.) and to keep the body's reactions to stress in balance, so that they are appropriate and not harmful.
Adrenals produce several hormones (such as cortisol, DHEA, adrenaline, etc.) that play a role in numerous methabolic processes, including: stress response regulation; immune response regulation; the conversion of fats and proteins into energy; the distribution of stored fat; normal blood sugar regulation; and proper cardiovascular and gastrointestinal function.
Amazon Adrenal Support contains premium Rainforest herbs such as:
- Chuchuhuasi (Maytenus krukovii, laevis, ebenfolia): Peruvian herbalists use this herb to help dealing with adrenal disorders and for adrenal support in general;
- Erva Tostão (Boerhaavia difusa): studies performed on this herb have reported that it might have adaptogenic properties on immune system and might affect cortisol levels under stressful conditions.
- Tayuya (Cayaponia tayuya): it contains cucurbitacin chemical (cucurbitacin R), which have been reported with adaptogenic adreanal support proprieties.
- Maca (Lepidium meyenii): it's a renowned tonic and adaptogen and it's widely used by herbalists to support the endrocrine system and adrenals.
- Espinheira Santa (Maytenus ilicifolia): it has been used for centuries to support adrenal, kidney, and digestive functions.
Amazon Adrenal Support also include Jatoba (Hymenaea courbaril) and Suma (Pfaffia paniculata).